Experience The Historical Elegance of The Belle Louise Historic Guest House
This Italianate mansion was built in 1879 with remnants of its 1860 predecessor as part of the design. Lovingly brought back to its former glory, the home maintains the splendor of the past with period décor inner twined with a classic contemporary touch.
Comfortable and Spacious Rooms
The Belle Louise Historic Guest House offers a variety of accomodations and unique spaces to host small gatherings of your friends and family.
Stay and Experience Paducah
The Belle Louise is conveniently located just a few blocks from the National Quilt Museum, the Greenway Trail, the Riverfront and Paducah’s commercial historic district, which enhances your visit with unique boutiques, craft breweries, premier dining choices, art galleries and entertainment.
The Belle Louise Guest House in the heart of Paducah’s Lowertown District
Looking for a distinct lodging experience but a bit like home, this Italianate mansion built in 1879 is waiting for you. Lovingly brought back to its former glory the home maintains the splendor of the past with period décor inner twined with a classic contemporary touch. The Belle Louise Guest House is in the Historic Lower Town Arts District which is one of Paducah’s oldest neighborhoods and home of the renowned Artist Relocation Program which helped revitalize the historic architecture and develop a creative class of artists, small businesses and beautiful streetscapes. The Belle Louise is also conveniently located just a few blocks from the National Quilt Museum, the Greenway Trail, the Riverfront and Paducah’s commercial historic district which enhances your visit with unique boutiques, craft breweries, premier dining choices, art galleries and entertainment.
Belle Louise Highlights
- Five (5) distinctive guest rooms in the main house.
- Three (3) King Suites and one (1) Queen Suite and one (1) double Queen available. See a description of each in the section below.
- In our dining room or on one of our outside patios, we serve a continental breakfast on weekdays from 7:30 am – 9:30 am. This consists of a selection of specialty pastries, croissants, muffins and quiche from our local artisan bakeries. In addition, we offer yogurt, granola, fresh fruit, juices, teas, and coffee.
- On weekends and holidays we prepare a delightful specialty breakfast, times and menus are posted each day in the dining room.
- The Belle Louise offers several unique spaces to accommodate small gatherings of your friends and family. For an intimate setting, sit by the fire and enjoy the romance of our private Victorian parlor. Or gather in the spacious and elegant Great Room which showcases Corinthian columns and majestic chandeliers draped with hundreds of glass teardrop crystals suspended from filigreed antique crowns. Whether it is a rehearsal dinner, corporate meeting, bridal shower, anniversary party, or any reason to celebrate, our unforgettable surroundings are the perfect atmosphere to create memorable experiences.
- All rooms offer free in-room wifi.
- Flat screen tv with cable and movie channels.
First Floor Double Queen Suite
The Centuries Room is a double queen suite located on the first floor. It features a private porch, small courtyard garden and private bath with walk-in shower. This room acquired its name during our investigative phase of demolition on the project which uncovered three centuries of exposed exterior brick walls ranging from 1860 to the present. The room is the perfect mix of contemporary and historic with two black iron queen-size beds, sitting area with rosewood table and chairs, full closet and local art pieces. Looking for a room with lots of space? The Centuries Room is perfect for you. Go to BOOK NOW to check rates and availability.
Sallie Abigail Room
Second Floor Queen Suite
Step back into the Victorian Era, with this very special room. Located at the front of the home with full bay windows and front porch view of the gas lantern. The room is named for the wife of Lt. Colonel Daniel Fraser who built the home in 1879. Furnished in true Victorian fashion, it features delicate rose wallpaper, an antique Queen-size bed with a marble top side table, high back chairs and full armoire. This room has a private bath located just a few steps from your door, in the second floor main hall. It features a beautiful clawfoot tub with customized rain shower head. Access to the suspended balcony is available to guests. Go to BOOK NOW to check rates and availability.
The Queen Bee
Second Floor King Suite
Looking out over Sixth Street with a fun view of the LowerTown Neighborhood, this room features a king-size sleigh bed and sitting area. The name was chosen due to a resident bee hive located in the old capital of the front porch column outside the window. A local beekeeper gently moved the hive saving approximately 30,000 honey bees. We not only save historic architecture but our wonderful honey bee population too. Our Belle Louise honey is available for purchase. This room has a private bath located just a few steps from your door, in the second floor main hall. Access to the suspended balcony is available to guests. Go to BOOK NOW to check rates and availability.
The Belle Suite
Second Floor King Suite
Our Belle Suite is a private spacious unique room decorated in rich Westchester gray tones and bright white accents. It features a grand four-poster king size bed, sitting area, and a full ensuite bath with custom tile walk-in shower and stunning clawfoot tub. Guests also get to enjoy the stars and fresh air with their own private oversized 2nd floor deck complete with cozy patio furniture and gas firepit. Go to BOOK NOW to check rates and availability.
The Master Suite
First Floor King Suite
The Master is located on the northside of the home in the original Antebellum portion of the house. It features a four-poster canopy bed with spacious sitting area, private patio and ensuite bath with custom tile walk-shower and clawfoot tub. Go to BOOK NOW to check rates and availability.
Having A Special Event?
Reserve The Entire House!
Come enjoy the luxury of the your own Italianate home for those special gatherings of family and friends! The Belle Louise Historic Guest House is available to groups for rental. It includes five guest rooms, four and half bathrooms, all the common spaces including the grand front porch, balconies, and private decks. The kitchen is also available to guests to use for an additional fee. Private Free parking is available. The maximum capacity is twelve. Please call to check availability and to let us assist with your special stay.
Our Online Reviews
See what our guests have to say about their stay at The Belle Louise
If You Have Stayed With Us, We Invite You To Leave A Review
General Particulars & Policies
- For the comfort of guests, the house is non-smoking.
- Advance reservations are recommended.
- Check-in hours are from 4-6 p.m. For arrivals after 6 p.m., we ask that advance arrangements be made. To provide peace and quiet for other guests and personalized service, check-ins are discouraged past 9 p.m. Early check-ins are discouraged in order to prepare suites for guest comfort and housekeeping. Please call to check on exceptions.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m. on the morning of departure.
- Room rates are based on double occupancy per night. Continental breakfast is included with your stay. Kentucky Sales tax and hotel occupancy tax will be added to the room rates.
Things To Do
Experience Paducah’s Arts & Culture
Paducah’s creative community inspires, educates and fosters connection through the arts. In...
Market House Theatre
Paducah’s Market House Theatre is a nationally recognized, award winning community theatre...
National Quilt Museum
Located only 3 blocks from The Belle Louise Guest House,The National Quilt Museum continues to...
Paducah Craft Beer, Wine & Spirits
Now is the perfect time to experience all the local flavor that Paducah, Kentucky has to offer!...
Paducah Specialty Shops
One-of-a-kind specialty shops in Paducah honor and celebrate a variety of hobbies and leisure...
Shop Historic Downtown Paducah
Paducah’s downtown is a key part of the allure for visitors and for local residents. Not only will...