This Italianate mansion was built in 1879 with remnants of its 1860 predecessor as part of the design. Lovingly brought back to its former glory, the home maintains the splendor of the past with period décor inner twined with a classic contemporary touch.
The Belle Louise is conveniently located just a few blocks from the National Quilt Museum, the Greenway Trail, the Riverfront and Paducah’s commercial historic district, which enhances your visit with unique boutiques, craft breweries, premier dining choices, art galleries and entertainment.
The Belle Louise Guest House in the heart of Paducah’s Lowertown District
Looking for a distinct lodging experience but a bit like home, this Italianate mansion built in 1879 is waiting for you. Lovingly brought back to its former glory the home maintains the splendor of the past with period décor inner twined with a classic contemporary touch. The Belle Louise Guest House is in the Historic Lower Town Arts District which is one of Paducah’s oldest neighborhoods and home of the renowned Artist Relocation Program which helped revitalize the historic architecture and develop a creative class of artists, small businesses and beautiful streetscapes. The Belle Louise is also conveniently located just a few blocks from the National Quilt Museum, the Greenway Trail, the Riverfront and Paducah’s commercial historic district which enhances your visit with unique boutiques, craft breweries, premier dining choices, art galleries and entertainment.
Belle Louise Highlights
- Five (5) distinctive guest rooms in the main house.
- Three (3) King Suites and one (1) Queen Suite and one (1) double Queen available. See a description of each in the section below.
- Our continental breakfast is served either in our dining room or can be taken outdoors on our front veranda or southside patio. Breakfast service is set up from 7:30 am – 9:30 am, every day. We partner with our local artisan bakeries to offer a selection of specialty pastries, croissants, muffins and quiche. In addition, we offer yogurt, granola, fresh fruit, juices, teas, and coffee.
- The Belle Louise offers several unique spaces to accommodate small gatherings of your friends and family. For an intimate setting, sit by the fire and enjoy the romance of our private Victorian parlor. Or gather in the spacious and elegant Great Room which showcases Corinthian columns and majestic chandeliers draped with hundreds of glass teardrop crystals suspended from filigreed antique crowns. Whether it is a rehearsal dinner, corporate meeting, bridal shower, anniversary party, or any reason to celebrate, our unforgettable surroundings are the perfect atmosphere to create memorable experiences.
- All rooms offer free in-room wifi.
- Flat screen tv with cable and movie channels.
First Floor Double Queen Suite
The Centuries Room is a double queen suite located on the first floor. It features a private porch, small courtyard garden and private bath with walk-in shower. This room acquired its name during our investigative phase of demolition on the project which uncovered three centuries of exposed exterior brick walls ranging from 1860 to the present. The room is the perfect mix of contemporary and historic with two black iron queen-size beds, sitting area with rosewood table and chairs, full closet and local art pieces. Looking for a room with lots of space? The Centuries Room is perfect for you. Nightly Rate $185.00 + tax
Sallie Abigail Room
Second Floor Queen Suite
Step back into the Victorian Era, with this very special room. Located at the front of the home with full bay windows and front porch view of the gas lantern. The room is named for the wife of Lt. Colonel Daniel Fraser who built the home in 1879. Furnished in true Victorian fashion, it features delicate rose wallpaper, an antique Queen-size bed with a marble top side table, high back chairs and full armoire. This room shares the main hall bath located just a few steps from your door. It features a beautiful clawfoot tub with customized rain shower head. Access to the suspended balcony is available to guests. Nightly Rate $135.00 + tax
The Queen Bee
Second Floor King Suite
Looking out over Sixth Street with a fun view of the LowerTown Neighborhood, this room features a king-size sleigh bed and sitting area. The name was chosen due to a resident bee hive located in the old capital of the front porch column outside the window. A local beekeeper gently moved the hive saving approximately 30,000 honey bees. We not only save historic architecture but our wonderful honey bee population too. Our Belle Louise honey is available for purchase. This room shares the main hall bath with a clawfoot tub and customized rain shower head. Access to the suspended balcony is available to guests. Nightly Rate $145.00 + tax
The Belle Suite
Second Floor King Suite
Our Belle Suite is a private spacious unique room decorated in rich Westchester gray tones and bright white accents. It features a grand four-poster king size bed, sitting area, and a full ensuite bath with custom tile walk-in shower and stunning clawfoot tub. Guests also get to enjoy the stars and fresh air with their own private oversized 2nd floor deck complete with cozy patio furniture and gas firepit. Nightly Rate $185.00 + tax
The Master Suite
First Floor King Suite
The Master is located on the northside of the home in the original Antebellum portion of the house. It features a four-poster canopy bed with spacious sitting area, private patio and ensuite bath with custom tile walk-shower and clawfoot tub. Nightly Rate $195.00 + tax
“My experience at Belle Louise was a pleasant experience. We felt comfortable and like We were at home. The ambiance was welcoming and as our stay progressed, we got to know more and more of the history of the house from the owners. The breakfasts were top notch! This will be our new home away from home. We will definitely stay at Belle Louise Guest House, again.”
– Sharon Evans-
I’m a local who has always loved this house. I was so excited to know it was being restored and open to the public. As far as the important travel basics go, our room was quiet and spacious and our king size, four poster bed was very comfortable. Everything was immaculate. I would have paid just to get to walk around this incredible home. It felt so special to be in this beautifully restored piece of Paducah’s history. The owners have paid great attention to detail in simple elegance and every little thing to make their guests feel comfortable.
– Jennifer Hunt-
General Particulars & Policies
- For the comfort of guests, the house is non-smoking.
- Advance reservations are recommended.
- Check-in hours are from 4-6 p.m. For arrivals after 6 p.m., we ask that advance arrangements be made. To provide peace and quiet for other guests and personalized service, check-ins are discouraged past 9 p.m. Early check-ins are discouraged in order to prepare suites for guest comfort and housekeeping. Please call to check on exceptions.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m. on the morning of departure.
- Room rates are based on double occupancy per night. Continental breakfast is included with your stay. Kentucky Sales tax and hotel occupancy tax will be added to the room rates.
Things To Do
Paducah’s creative community inspires, educates and fosters connection through the arts. In...
Paducah’s Market House Theatre is a nationally recognized, award winning community theatre...
Located only 3 blocks from The Belle Louise Guest House,The National Quilt Museum continues to...
Now is the perfect time to experience all the local flavor that Paducah, Kentucky has to offer!...
One-of-a-kind specialty shops in Paducah honor and celebrate a variety of hobbies and leisure...
Paducah’s downtown is a key part of the allure for visitors and for local residents. Not only will...